All Reader Reviews of...
189 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10011
nr. 22nd St.
Would never go back
By liberte on 2/21/2005
We went to Bombay Talkie around 10pm hoping to get a quick bite. There were several empty tables, but it still took 10-15 minutes to get a table because there was no one to seat us.We got seated and the waiter told us they were about to close the kitchen so we had 10 minutes to order, which was just fine. Not even 5 minutes later (after taking our drink order), we were told to leave because they decided to stop serving!! The hostess was completely unapologetic, arrogant, and the waiters didn't seem to care either.We never got to try the food, but from looking at the menu they looked like ordinary "street food" dishes. And even if the food was good, we refuse to deal with the poor service.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu