All Reader Reviews of...
60 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 3rd St.
I love it
By terrymoot on 12/15/2010
I hesitate to write a glowing review for fear of having a bunch of strangers show up and make noise while I'm trying to enjoy a quiet, relaxing dinner with friends. However, I love this place. I love the food, the atmosphere, the music and the family that owns and operates Bona Fides. I've been eating here regularly for the past 10 years or more and I've never been disappointed. The wine selection is good and affordable. I have to say that the filet is one of the best I've ever had. One of my personal favorites is the smoked asparagus ravioli in vodka sauce. I could sit and eat the crusty, aromatic and delicious bread all night long, except I always want to leave room for the main course. The fresh salmon is particularly tasty with a crusty grilled finish and a rare and succulent interior. Don't be fooled by the fact that the rooms aren't packed with diners as it's the last restaurant on the Avenue and most people have settled on a choice before they've walked down that far. Also there is a garden in the back. In New York, restuarants full of noise and clamor are a dime a dozen. This peaceful oasis of calm is truly a rare gem in our city's crown.
Decent food, awful service
By medwards83 on 10/24/2010
I went to Bona Fides to celebrate my birthday with a party of about 14 ppl and the service there was attrocious. It took us almost an hour to get appetizers and the waitstaff buzzed past the table several times without asking if we needed anything. When they did ask, they brought it back 15 minutes later, but only after having to be reminded. The food was decent when we finally got it, but this could have been due to the fact that we were starving by the time we received it. I would definitely never go back to this restaurant or recommend it to anyone.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu