All Reader Reviews of...
171 Spring St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Thompson St
By PrincessNY on 3/2/2013
Good food & wine and price appropriate. Uncomfortable seating and tight quarters. Always so busy, service suffers.
Absurd, childish service
By FoodTroller on 9/3/2011
Unless you wish to spend your entire afternoon waiting, inquiring, and cajoling for dishes you ordered 1.5 hours ago, please do not go to this place. There is much better Spain cuisine throughout downtown (Txikito or Saville or Casa, e.g. --- all very nearby), at a better price, and with far far better service & environment. We've lived in neighborhood 20+ years, and have been here to Boqueria Soho @ 15+ times, for convenience, but threw in the towel yesterday when, there for lunch, were alternatively ignored and harassed by an absurd, childish, and high-as-a-kite child working as a waiter/bartender there. Late to come to the table, late to return to the order, got our order wrong, most food was late, and the key entree was simply left out, then the check was late....all with circus-like, absurd and bizzare rantings througout. The other indifferent, angry, ghetto servicers / food carriers were exhausting just to be around. DO NOT GO HERE. If Boqueria's cuisine is like Spain, then both the service and the environment are like an Amerian Apparal ad populated with crazy children. The chef's ingridients and preperation are good, but we just can't go again, it's not worth it. Try Txikito in Chelsea, right nearby, or Mano up by Union Square: far superior cuisine, less money, and professional service.
By alindallas on 6/6/2011
i went to this place and the food is great!!(i like the bacon).i liked the flan dessert, but the portions are really tiny. i didn't like the razor clams. the texture in my mouth just doesn't right. other than that, the foods great!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’
- Hundreds of Frozen Foods at Costco, Walmart, and Trader Joe’s Recalled Over Listeria Fears
- America Finally Realizing Subway’s Sandwiches Aren’t Very Good
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food