All Reader Reviews of...
20 W. 64th St., New York, NY, 10023
Truly memorable meal
By stuyman on 2/28/2012
Full disclosure: We were VIPs, and treated like them, but that doesn't change the fact that the food was phenomenal. The chickpea and eggplant plate came with a hummus like none I'd ever had before, creamy, not lumpy. The crispy artichokes were fried perfection- with nice crunch but not overdone. The star appetizer, in my opinion, was the lamb kibbeh, crusted, fried lamb meatballs, vibrantly spiced. I had the venison, which was tender and juicy, but I was envious of the person at our table who got the lamb, which may have been the best of the entrees. If it's one knock on the place, its that the side dishes weren't anything special. But order the rest of the menu and you won't have room for the sides anyway. P.S. Get the Chocolate crepe and the pomegranate tartlette for dessert if you like chocolate.
By boujja on 7/4/2011
what a great idea, daniel keep surprising us.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations