- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
190 W. 4th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Barrow St.
One of the Best Burgers
By Brianpro on 9/26/2006
Ok, I consider myself something of a burger critic, I will go just about anywhere to try what is listed in magazines as "the best burger in..." and I have to say that Boxer's has an very good cheeseburger for a place that I just stumbled upon. It was cooked the way I asked for it (not every place will do this). and was a great size, taste, juiciness for the price. Also, my gf got stewed off their happy-hour martinis (which made me happy later ;-). The drinks must be fairly pricey at night, but at happy hour you get 2-1 on ANYTHING, which meant her martini's were like $4 or something. And if you need more than 2 martini's to start feeling good, well...I hope your liver works out.
By jrizzo on 9/21/2006
The service has always been fantastic when I've been there - and that's numerous visits over time. Their beer selection is great, their menu extends past "bar food" - a great find, and not terribly expensive. Highly recommended!
Must be different now . . .
By mjoseff on 9/19/2006
I stumbled on Boxers, went back to my apt, got my roommate and his boxer and sat outside for a few hours. Went back a couple days later with some friends, then took a date there a few days after that. Each time, the wait staff was more than helpful and friendly. The drinks are good and they have a "guest beer" that changes. The food was delicious as well. The staff must've changed since those other reviews were written.
By scotslass on 9/27/2005
My friend and I were on holiday in NY and had a night out in Greenwich Village. We went there for something to eat (the burgers were excellent and the staff were great) then planned on a couple of drinks before moving on somewhere else. We didn't move and just stayed there all night! The barman was attentive and friendly, the owner welcomed us foreign girls into his bar, and the atmosphere was buzzing. A great place for a night out, and not a cockroach in sight!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl