- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
44 W. 44th St., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Sixth Ave.
slow service, boring food, good decor
By JoP on 6/3/2009
Despite being empty, the service was incredibly slow, the food was boring but fresh. The recommended shrimp salad was very very bland (frozen shrimp, iceberg lettuce, no dressing), the branzino excellent. The fantastic decor, which could support a great atmosphere, is let down by pathetic service and food which means the restaurant is deservedly empty. ItÂ’s a shame the Â“multi-million dollar refurbishmentÂ” didnÂ’t save some budget for a great chef and experienced staff.
I'm still having dreams about this place...
By AlexJohnson on 3/7/2008
I went with my fiance a few nights ago, and I have been craving the poularde ever since. If you don't know what that is, join the club, because I didn't either. The server told me it was chicken. He seemed to know a lot about the food, in general. However, I'm generally the kind to play it safe. So chicken, it was. And it was great. The best part of the night, though, was the decor. You feel like a vip just walking through the space. We didn't have a chance that night to have drinks in the lounge, but I am definitely coming back with friends as a birthday treat to myself.
By zenden on 12/16/2007
went early before a show. Had to eat more quickly than we wanted to, but loved it. Very cool tuna tartare with little pops of juicy orange jelly. Both of us had fish for our entrees and they were great. Want to come back, have a more leisurely dinner and have a drink after by the fire.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’