All Reader Reviews of...
300 W. 46th St., New York, NY, 10036
at Eighth Ave.
Good and improving
By Linda12 on 4/5/2010
We've been to this restaurant for dinner several times since they opened as the Brasserie Athenee. The menu was a little limited at first but they keep adding to it, including a "Special of the Day'. We've had their grilled calamari, mediterranean tapas and escargot appetizers which were excellent as well as the salmon and roast lamb (special), which were quite good. The service was good. We'll return next time we go to the theater in that neigborhood.
By nicedream on 3/5/2010
The ambience is pleasant and the menu very appetizing, but our server couldn't seem more disinterested and unhappy to be there. Most of the food was a letdown as well. The Pan-Seared Salmon was tasteless and poorly prepared. The Seafood Risotto was mediocre. The Escargot was fairly good, although could have had some more sauce for bread-dipping. The Lamb was the only dish really enjoyed. Overall, not at all worth the price.
By sgh112 on 11/25/2009
The food was mediocre at best and mostly awful. The service was slow and disinterested. First bad sign was when the waiter took steak orders without asking how I wanted it cooked. They brought 3 of the 4 people at my table appetizers and never noticed that the fourth was missing. The apps were extremely skimpy (i.e. one pebble of feta cheese in an almost non-existent salad or the one rock hard, inedible spinach pie). The Greek tapas trio app was ok. Since I insisted on ordering my steak medium rare, mine was not be one of the dishes sitting under a warming lamp. All others (who ordered "medium" steak or salmon) received cold food that was overcooked and repulsive to look at. Main courses came with "olive mashed potatoes," which, even if not cold, is probably the ugliest food ever.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More