All Reader Reviews of...
15 John St., New York, NY, 10038
By majojuambeltz on 10/24/2011
its a great place, exellent food, competitive prices, love the deco.
I LOVED this place!
By JenniferHenry on 5/1/2008
Les Halles was NOT a disappointment - I don't know what you guys are complaining about. What I loved MOST was that it was not super-noisy, so we could actually talk to the couple we dined with. The food was great (although not the most wide-ranging menu outside classic French and steaks, but that's what we expected), and the waiters were friendly and efficient (although I was still finishing my appetiser when they brought the entrees, so I was under duress to finish!). The decor was beautiful, the ambience sublime, and the wine lsit exceptional. I can't wait to return and take an important client, for this place is sure to impress without being pretentious.
Gallic comfort food at its best
By battousai on 11/5/2004
A loud and boisterous crowd is a welcome change of scenery from the overly stuffy French bistros that dominate the city. The gallic comfort food classics like steak frites and fruits de mer matched with a sensible wine list makes for a great casual dining experience.
You just have to smile...
By edohnyc on 3/14/2004
Although we are grateful that there are restaurants serving decent food open evenings in our neighborhood we always leave in awe of the worst service in Manhattan. It's so bad it's comical, in fact we are always looking out for the hidden cameras! 2 out of 5 times the food makes up for the comical mishaps of the waitstaff but we always leave promising never to return. Then next week comes a long...I guess we'll have to wait for warmer nights until we are willing to walk further west for more bang for the buck.
Pleasant surprise on John St.
By michelle on 2/23/2003
What a surprise to find a good French restaurant on John St. It has a nice French bistro atmosphere, though I'd like a little more room between me and the people at the next table. The steak and frites are very good. Other dishes range from fair to good. Go with the steak.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu