All Reader Reviews of...
11 Madison Ave., New York, NY, 10010
at 25th St.
By twilson on 4/3/2003
Ohmygosh what a great time we had dining at Tabla! The wait staff was very personable and even discovered that we were celebrating a special occasion. The food was delicious and the wine suggestions were a "slam dunk" with our meal. I will continue to recommend Tabla to my friends and business associates as a hip, fun place to enjoy a really special kind of American food with Indian spices.
Hot and Buzzing......
By crazymom on 4/3/2003
A place to be if you want to feel alive. The staff was very attentive and accommodating, the food was great - a great place to go in a large group. The drinks are unusual - Tablatini gets my vote!
Best "Indian" in town
By rgarutti on 4/2/2003
This place is the coolest! Amazing spot for a date, when the patio opens there is no better outside dining in New York. Casual but refined. The service is friendlier than any place for the value. And the drinks can't be beaten. Try a tamarind margarita and you'll never go mexican again!
By petrushka on 1/29/2003
We had dinner at the Bread Bar on New Year's Eve. What a kaleidoscope of flavors! The scallops were ethereal. The shrimp, the mussels, the chutneys – I couldn’t stop eating long after I was full. And the lamb was superb (I was told that it tastes like that when the lamb is freshly slaughtered). I normally wouldn’t order lamb, but I have an insatiable craving for Tabla’s lamb sandwich, which will keep me coming back. The atmosphere in the room and the inventive drinks add up to make it my top choice for a dinner out with friends.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Designer Danielle Snyder Chases Dover Sole With Twizzlers
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary