- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
99 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 6th St.
By desidiner on 3/21/2005
Great, non-oily food, and nice decor reminiscent of the Indian places in the UK. Saag Paneer and surprisingly non-oily samosas are highly recommended. Service could be a little more prompt, but the staff is very considerate and friendly.
Decent Food at High Prices
By brooklyn_girl on 8/5/2007
Service was fine, food was good, but $17 for a plate of chicken tikka masala and rice? No WAY would I go back there and pay that much again. My local delivery joint in Bklyn has food just as good as this. Too bad about the poor value, I enjoyed myself until the bill came.
Great place, if a little pricey...
By gazmanjones on 4/7/2009
I think one of the posters on here is right. Brick Lane does a very good, English aurientated curry, but it does it very well. Some of the tastiest Bhajis I've ever had and the Balti stands up well too. Great decor and service though yes it is a little on the steep side. Not a lot to complain about though...
By lfoster27 on 7/22/2009
Bricklane makes one realize how good Indian food can be. Flavorful curries, well-baked Naan, creative dishes makes this a pleasing change from the ghee-soaked Indian food usually found in New York,
best place for curry in new york
By anilcolasco on 4/7/2003
so far the best indian curry i have eaten in america
By shankar on 4/8/2003
simply wonderful!!, reminded me of Bricklane, in London, infact they are even better then them.
If its curry u desire this is the place to go!!
By praveen on 4/8/2003
went in with a few friends last night, felt completely pampered, the service staff was very friendly, and the food was simply the best.
The Brick Lane Curry House is Authentic UK Style Curry
By riteshpatel on 4/5/2008
The Bricklane Curry House is probably the best British Style Curry House in NYC. The food is very authentic and tremendously well done. Fresh ingredients, well prepared and delicious. Staples such as Onion Bhajis compliment others like Stuffed Calamari and the house special Lasanu Gobi which is succulent. The spicy dishes like the Vindaloo and the world famous Phal are as fiery as they should be.
nice n cozy
By lloyd on 7/25/2003
enjoyed my dinner with my date
Authentic UK Style Curry House
By riteshpatel on 4/5/2008
The Bricklane Curry House is probably the best British Style Curry House in NYC. The food is very authentic and tremendously well done. Fresh ingredients, well prepared and delicious. Staples such as Onion Bhajis compliment others like Stuffed Calamari and the house special Lasana Gobi which is succulent. The spicy dishes like the Vindaloo and the world famous Phal are as fiery as they should be.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl