- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
99 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 6th St.
If its curry u desire this is the place to go!!
By praveen on 4/8/2003
went in with a few friends last night, felt completely pampered, the service staff was very friendly, and the food was simply the best.
quite a surprise!!
By satisharma on 4/7/2003
definately a very different Indian restaurant, and if you go back like i did, i was pampered!!! will be back again!!.
best place for curry in new york
By anilcolasco on 4/7/2003
so far the best indian curry i have eaten in america
have'nt had curry like this before!!!!
By jay on 4/7/2003
thanks brick lane, had a wonderful time there, I had been craving for the authentic, exotic curries which I don’t find in any of the Indian restaurant, but u guys really are good. Made me feel home away from home. Especially the lamb curry and tikka are delicious. I am definitely coming there for more and more and more. My taste buds can’t wait to get a bite of your delicious cuisines.
By angkana on 4/7/2003
Unless you are going are off to London for dinner then visit The Bricklane Curry House - its the next best thing.
Gives the real Brick Lane a bad name
By desi71 on 3/20/2003
In a wave of upscale Indian restaurants that have hit cheap and easy Indian food lane on Sixth Street, Brick Lane Curry House, with its warm decor and romantic setting, seemed like it would be a welcome addition. However, the food is much worse than its dumpy competitors on Sixth Street. The curries (Brick Lane's alleged specialty) lack the harmonious complexity of heat and spice. The food misses the mark completely. On a recent trip there, we had to send back a vegetable malai because it was just that bad. With the prices on the higher side of Sixth Street, there are plenty of other options, including Banjara right around the corner.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu