All Reader Reviews of...
155 W. 43rd St., New York, NY, 10036
By sonall on 6/23/2011
While visiting Times Square, my family and I decided to eat here. I ordered what our waitress described as a "customer favorite" -- their pot roast. UGH! The "roast" appeared to be some sort of left over sliced meat (a la fajita slices) covered in a horrible tasting sauce. I tried to eat it, but my family convinced me to send it back -- which I did. I order their Asian chicken salad as a replacement. That was even worse than the pot roast! It had a nearly inedible flavor and was nothing like the many, many similar salads I've eaten in the past. For the four of us it was $109!!! I wouldn't go back there if it was "on the house." Just the worst...what a disappointment!
Would recommend going hungry over dining here.
By washingtongirl1 on 4/5/2008
By far the number one worst place I have ever had the misfortune of "dining." I have no doubt that they rarely, if ever, see a repeat customer. A caesar salad, was chopped semi-brown lettuce. That's it! No cheese. No croutons. Absolutely nothing else! Not an exaggeration. I took a picture just to corroborate. Pathetic doesnÂ’t even begin to describe it. My husbandÂ’s shrimp scampi? Flavorless. One son ordered their Â“Famous Chicken Pot Pie.Â” Famous for what, IÂ’m not sure. Soup out-of-a-can taste for the filling? Hardly Â“famousÂ” unless you are CampbellÂ’s Soup. And for all of thatÂ…over $80! Just to clarify, I firmly believe that in these situations people are quick to complain, and rarely take the time to offer praise when deserved. However, this will be the one business I believe shouldnÂ’t even reap the luxury of being the backdrop of a vacation family photo.
By party_girl on 3/16/2008
i went there one night for dinner with my boyfriend. the location is very convenient, seeing that it's in times square. when we went in, the waitress was very friendly and nice. the lighting was a bit dim, but it was alright. when our food came, the burger wasn't cooked well so we had to return it. but they came back with a new plate and the people there were very nice and apologetic. i wouldn't recommend it as kid-friendly, but it's an okay place to eat once in a while, because the prices are not cheap.
I would not recommend this Restaurant
By Hicham_Nahro on 8/31/2007
While I like the restaurant becasue of the hearty foods they serve, I would recommend to avoid taking children with you since this is not a kid friendly restaurant. One manager by the name of Austin has chased me and my family out because my daughter was humming, he was not curtious. I sincerely ask you not to take your family to this restaurant given the unprofessionalism you might faced with especially when you have an accent.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?