- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
1 Water St., Brooklyn, NY, 11201
nr. Old Fulton St.
Melting ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory in Brooklyn, NY
By SBetts on 6/30/2008
Unfortunately it was 90Â° outside with humidity 98Â°. No cover from the sun while waiting outside. No A/C inside while waiting on line. The service was awful. Two young men who were suppose to be servicing customers were just grumbling at customers in line that they blocked their way to the store supplies. One of the young men just left while the other hung in the back and left one very gracious and lovely young lady who did her best to cope with the line. There was no rush at all for the man to pitch in and help her! The bottom line is that the store is very badly set-up. There was one fan when the store should have a couple of large A/Cs working on such hot summer days. There should be an awning for parents with kids and everyone else to wait under or make room inside. Your ice cream is wonderful! Your store set-up is desperately in need of help and your service was the worst except for one lonely young lady doing her best to dish out the ice cream before it melted in the heat!
How many trips does it take to get to Brooklyn's Ice Cream Factory? 1,2,3? Cathy may never know!
By Cmf71270 on 2/18/2011
I live in Brooklyn and never heard of the place. Saw it on a "Foodie" show and decided to try it. I waited all week until my day off. Drove all the way across Brooklyn and could not find parking. Anywhere! If you drive just past the place you are stuck on a one way, no parking, access road under the BQE. After three attempts of circling around the long way back, past construction and horribly rutted roads, I gave up and went home. No ice cream is that good. I'll try again, maybe when out of towners are visiting but we will take the subway. This was in February, not during their peak season. Sigh, I was really looking forward to it, so I am bummed out but that's life. :) Peace, Love and Happiness! Cathy PS ratings were a required field so I gave them average for all.
Not worth all the hype
By olg on 11/11/2008
went, stood on line, stood on line, and stood on line, got the ice cream and thats that. I could have gone to the corner deli, for half the price, half the time, and the ice cream would have been better.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic