- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
1 Water St., Brooklyn, NY, 11201
nr. Old Fulton St.
New York's BEST Ice Cream
By JudgeJudy on 11/17/2009
Yes, order the banana split and share it with another. I ordered strawberry ice cream to test thier quality because I don't like strawberry ice cream...nobody makes it "real". This plcae makes it "real". I always take home a half-gallon with me after a cone or so. Plus! Great view of the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan skyline. A really good deal.
How many trips does it take to get to Brooklyn's Ice Cream Factory? 1,2,3? Cathy may never know!
By Cmf71270 on 2/18/2011
I live in Brooklyn and never heard of the place. Saw it on a "Foodie" show and decided to try it. I waited all week until my day off. Drove all the way across Brooklyn and could not find parking. Anywhere! If you drive just past the place you are stuck on a one way, no parking, access road under the BQE. After three attempts of circling around the long way back, past construction and horribly rutted roads, I gave up and went home. No ice cream is that good. I'll try again, maybe when out of towners are visiting but we will take the subway. This was in February, not during their peak season. Sigh, I was really looking forward to it, so I am bummed out but that's life. :) Peace, Love and Happiness! Cathy PS ratings were a required field so I gave them average for all.
Really unfortunate situation
By stripes4ever312 on 7/11/2012
THIS PLACE HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. I watched a family with 2 small children get turned away at 10:01 pm (because they closed at 10 officially) even though the employees had not even begun to clean up yet. The children were very disappointed, but no matter how much the mother pleaded for "just one scoop", the employees refused to budge. Customer service should come first, especially with ice cream. I will not go back, and I do not recommend any of you do either
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White