By nyc_foodie on 4/3/2008
I placed an order for delivery. It was delivered an over an hour later and when he finally arrived, he left again because he forgot some items. So now its an hour and a half before I get my lunch. The candied yams were raw, the iced tea was warm, the chicken wings were not red-hot and the blue cheese was tasteless. My order was $18 wth! NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!
By dwallack79 on 2/11/2008
I LOVE the food at Brother Jimmys. The dry rub ribs are one of the best things I've ever eaten in NYC. The selection of sauces at the table is phenomenal. Despite my love for their food, I can't say I'm a fan of their atmosphere. The place is decorated like a TGIFridays that hosts a college night 7 nights a week. Which is fine since the place seems to be a bar first and a restaurant second, but when I go somewhere to eat good food, I don't really like waitresses making me feel like I need to do a body shot off of my dry rub ribs and collard greens.
Post - college fun
By emma9 on 11/2/2005
Brother Jimmie's BBQ on the upper west side is one of my favorite hang-outs. The perfect place for a birthday, or a semi-calm Saturday night out. The staff is friendly, and entertaining. The bartenders are charming, and the music is always fun sure to incite a quite riot or at the very least a great sing-a-long. Brother Jimmie's is sure to bring you back to your favorite college bar with a bit of a grown up twist.
What a mess! Not a favorite.
By truly_sweet on 8/25/2003
From sloppy-messy (but fairly tasty) ribs and chicken (a bit dry) to the sloppy-messy drunks at the bar in back plus the sloppy-messy and LOUD as hell, screaming, bratty children in front, this place gets a big thumbs down. Perhaps take-out will be how I get my fill of mac 'n cheese and collard greens.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight