All Reader Reviews of...
119 W. 56th St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Sixth Ave.
By carlito169 on 1/30/2003
So well hidden you may not find it on your first attempt. But don't get discouraged, once you do locate this burger hideout you're in for a real treat! The burgers and toppings are extremely fresh and taste much like that homemade, cooked to perfection burger you've been dying for (and costs about the same). They're satisfying without leaving you with that 'i'm going to need a bipass by the end of the day' feeling. The fries are thin and crisp, not spectacular, but certainly a nice compliment to a great burger. With inexpensive Sam Adams served in keg party style plastic cups, the down-home, backyard feel is complete. Its a great spot for a burger, anytime, and don't forget there's the added adventure of finding the place.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages