All Reader Reviews of...
172 Bleecker St., New York, NY, 10012
at Sullivan St.
By elill on 12/29/2012
This week we celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. My wife wanted 'paella'. I figured i could make her happy. We were in the village so we went to this rest. which we have seen for years but never tried. WHAT A MISTAKE!! what an unwelcoming place! The waiter did not even want to say hello, he basically signaled to 'get on with the order, forget the introduction or formalities'. as for the table helper, he was basically standing in front of us throughout the whole meal, veryyyy uncomfortable feeling!!! and when we asked for him to leave the brad tray so we can have some more before the main course I thought he was going to hit me with his look!!! you can not atribute this to any language barrier given they both as well as us are latinos. Very, very disappointed; as for the food it was average, not bad, not outstanding.
Great food for the price ....
By touring_local on 8/21/2008
Stopped by on a shopping trip for an afternoon snack on the patio. Great mojitos and tapas. We had the clams, a cheese plate and some pulpo. I thought my friends were going to fight over the clams they were awesome. ... oh and some guacamole, don't forget that with the warm and unique salsa they serve with chips. I would definitely recommend this place for a casual meal with friends. But I never once saw the inside of the place ....
Wholesome, and lots of variety
By mwilli21 on 7/1/2008
This is definitely a fine little place. Although the location is sort of out of the way and dull, the food itself is very good and surely 1-ups most spanish food you've tried or had. I cleared my plate without any hesitation and loved it all. I can't wait to go back with some new people. The food itself takes what you love of spanish food, and keeps it real and fresh, unlike the chains you'll see out there like Chipotle and Moe's. The guacamole was a treat and was seemingly healthier as well. Definitely recommended.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu