All Reader Reviews of...
224 W. 20th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Seventh Ave.
Coffee Nazi in Italian bicycle cap!
By goodkid on 7/7/2011
There's something truly pathetic about a 40-year-old virgin who rides his skateboard to work and gives so much B.S. to customers who ask for something less than "pure" at the Chelsea cafe. Recently went on a first date with someone who asked for a little less ice in the iced coffee because she just had dental work. The Nazi barista in the bicycle cap snarled about her request. She said "excuse me?" He said, "Oh, we serve ice in our iced drinks." What a snitty bastard. Yes we all love to have a date fir the Grumpy's standard for how to drink your coffee. He muttered something bout how Americans don't know how to order coffee. BTW he was American, she Italian. REALLY UNPLEASANT--reminded me of the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld, without the humor. If you have a special request thats not "correct" make sure to bring a doctor's note.
Grumpy makes me happy
By Sarito on 10/12/2009
Everything you'd want from a coffeeshop. After one visit I plan on being a regular. Cozy interior, friendly vibe, real mugs. Just be advised: according to the sign this is a no laptop coffeeshop, so if you intend to get some work done, bring the old-fashioned paper kind.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu