All Reader Reviews of...
17 Prince St., New York, NY, 10012
at Elizabeth St.
By preciousrain7 on 12/8/2005
My boyfriend and I just love this restaurant. We try to go once a month. The food is just great and they have the best sangrias. I have never been dissapointed with their food. Though the place gets crowded, it's definitely worth the wait
Great service and fantastic corn
By Klumsee on 11/2/2005
It is cramped and very busy but that is part of the atmosphere of this place. I go at off-peak times and so I am able to sit, take in the scenery and relax over my iced cappuccino. The service is great. It is nice to go to a place where the staff are enjoying the place as much as you are. Oh, and the corn is the best in the city.
cramped, but that's the idea
By jmark on 10/25/2005
this place thrives on being small and difficult, but that's kinda the point, isn't it? grilled corn was amazing. wait staff was polite, but hurried. definitely go for the mojitos. we showed up at 6 on a saturday and only waited 15 minutes.
TERRIBLE WAITSTAFF & SERVICE
By toxygenius on 2/21/2005
Is being inexpensive for a restaurant is a good reason to have rude and high attitude staff? I don't think it is. I used to like this place more couple of years ago. But now this staff makes you really upset as they can't avoid their attitude and the meaningless looks you get very often. They have to change!
"The Corn Supremacy"
By stylez on 8/8/2004
Habana's a cozy little eatery where you can comfortably enjoy a delectable meal and a glass of iced mango nectar. The fish of the day is usually an excellent choice. The rice and beans are spectacular and the corn is an absolute necessity. I've often found myself selfishly and jealously reluctant to share with anyone my wonderful experience. It's that damn good. After you've tasted a little of heaven your digestion is made enjoyable with a little SOHO shopping, thanks to it's convenient location on Prince and Elizabeth. Oh, and they do have a takeout counter but I couldn't possibly imagine teasing my tastebuds long enough to make it home without an empty bag.
If you can wait...
By Gnewey on 7/14/2004
This small restaurant is more like a casual dining place, but hardly worth the 40-minute wait for the nothing unusual food. I guess the hype or chic-factor is the main attraction. The grilled corn is excellent.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’