- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
575 Hudson St., New York, NY, 10014
between 11th and Bank Sts.
Very enjoyable sidewalk eating experience!
By tasty on 10/31/2004
If you want a hearty "Cottage Pie" or Shepherd's Pie or a salad, this is the place to come - and be hungry... very hungry... as the portions are huge and the drinks are strong! The Cottage Pie had almost no "fillers" - it consisted mostly of good quality, very tasty meat and just a few vegetables, the whole thing covered with a light topping of mashed potatoes and a little cheese - that's the way I like it as I'm trying to cut down on carbs - but I couldn't finish the dish even though I wanted to! The cafe has some nice little tables on the sidewalk for people watching in this great West Village location and there are mostly very casual, well spoken young people there. The service was very quick and polite. It's just the place to go to relax in a very clean, well-kept, unpretentious, and most of all, comfortable atmosphere.
Worthy Pub Food
By battousai on 10/5/2003
Dining here made me nostalgic for the great Brit pub food fare I used to eat when I worked in the UK for awhile. Really warm, cozy atmosphere that matches with its sumptuous cottage pie and chicken forestiere. Although the food was great, the available brews were seriously lacking.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama