All Reader Reviews of...
101 St. Marks Pl., New York, NY, 10009
nr. First Ave.
By NYC23 on 3/21/2005
My bf and I found this charming place by accident while strolling around the Village, and were very pleased with our experience. We got there around 11 pm and expected it to be dead. We were then surprised to find that it was quite busy...for good reason. We were seated by the host along a back wall, but 5 minutes later he came back and said that he was so sorry, but had a party of 6 reserved at the table we were sitting at. He was very polite and gracious in re-seating us, and he even offered us a free pot of Moroccan tea (exquisite) with a plate of biscuits, to make up for the incovenience. We ordered the molten chocolate cake, and it was divine. The portion of ice cream was a little too small, but overall we would definitely go back for the ambiance and pleasant wait staff.
The Great Mogador
By newyorkbrit on 6/29/2004
It's pretty hard to go wrong here - to get better "Middle-Eastern" fare, you'd probably need to head out to Steinway Street in Queens. To call the food here "Moroccan", though, is not quite accurate. It's a mixture of food from a variety of Middle-Easten countries, including Turkey too. Hands-down, the delicately-spiced lamb burger is a winner - along with the variety of brunch deals that are offered. The Harissa sauce is some of the best I've tasted, as are the merguez - and I'm including my numerous visits to North Africa too! This place is much breezier in summer, when the windows are open onto the street - otherwise it can appear a little dark and dank inside.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations