All Reader Reviews of...
119 Seventh Ave., New York, NY, 10010
at 17th St.
Cozie Food: Nice Atmosphere
By deaghaidhcjjd on 3/4/2005
The food is mostly redone comfort foods. Many are good, but they are not all "just like mama" made. The macaroni and cheese is highly recommended, as is the country fried steak with homemade gravy.
Rave Rave Rave!!!
By skyblu on 6/11/2004
This is my new favorite restaurant in NY. Since my first visit a few weeks ago, I have been taking all of my worthy friends. Brunch is to die for. Order the silver dollar pancakes as an appetizer so that you can also order egg dishes (skip the omelettes and go for the crabcake benedict or veggie tower). And/or consider getting the mac 'n' cheese (best in town) to share with the whole table...everyone will want a bite and at these prices, why not? For those of you who like to dine with the stars...I had lunch last weekend at the table next to Hugh Jackman. He had to host the Tony Awards later that night so it's clear he wanted a fabulous meal to put him in a fabulous mood! Cafeteria is just the place (can you tell its my new favorite???)
Innovative menu at reasonable prices
By zeecee on 4/4/2004
The service can be frustrating as if the place is busy, you may wait longer than you'd like to. But they do have large, good salads, a nice selection of brunch, lunch and dinner dishes at affordable prices. You'll find things like salmon hash along with omelettes, sandwiches, etc. In a neighborhood short of decent places to eat, Cafeteria is a good stand-by, a place you'll find something you want even though the help is clearly not professional. But it's better than the fast food places and you can sit and talk, end up shmoozing over a latte and be fine.
It's all Fabulousness and Your a part of It!
By Danalleva on 1/11/2004
Glorified diner goes Style Fab crazy in this all too fabulous neighborhood were the staff is so fabulous and wonderful they might forget about the other people in the world. The unprepared raw ingredients sitting in their warehouse all clamour to get a chance to be scene and served at this hot place. Even the food served begins to feel fabulous even though it's very ordinary. Who cares if the food is either too hot or too cold or too salty your simply fabulous for coming here in the first place - and that's the most important reason for eating at this place. Of course your politicaly correct and yes, fabulous! After all, who eats nowadays anyway...right? Get the idea?
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu