All Reader Reviews of...
265 Lafayette St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Prince St.
The ambience of Italy brought straight to New York
By hugh_stanford on 1/30/2009
I have been familiar with the Panatteria and the Restaurant in the Lower East Side and was pleased with the service and excellent food at the Cafe. I would definitely go back there again.
Best Kept Italian Secret in Nolita
By arts10022 on 1/5/2009
My guest and I were thrilled to stumble upon Caffe Falai just around the corner from busy Broadway in Nolita last week. The sparkle of candlelight, crystal, and white linens drew us into a welcoming atmosphere. After asking for help with the wine, a luscious bottle of white from San Gimignano provided the perfect start to our meal. A light tomato and bread soup was followed by a salad of delicate greens and avocado dressed with white truffle oil. A perfect al dente linguini was then served with a sauce of parmesan, garlic, and lemon zest. Tiny biscotti with expresso ended the meal perfectly. The collection of mirrors hung at various heights along the outer wall of the restaurant proved not to be mere decoration. In fact, the mirrors offered diners a clever, yet subtle, way of watching the reflected activity on the street, in the kitchen, and among fellow diners. This restaurant has great potential. The subtle and beautifully crafted cuisine is glorious. Be patient, show appreciation, and you will be rewarded.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s