All Reader Reviews of...
85 MacDougal St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Bleecker St.
Treated very shabbily!
By eddunne on 10/2/2012
Arrived on time for reservation but asked to wait, but not to sit on one of the lounges in the front (we were four, the second couch could accommodate only 3, but no suggestions about where the fourth should sit. We waited outside. Tables assembled we finally sat down 20 minutes after the reservation time. There was only one waiter as far as we could tell. Ordered wine, appetizers, and entrees. Wine and appys came then a long, long wait until our waiter came and asked what we wanted for dessert. We said we still had dinner coming. Other tables had come in after us and were already enjoying their entrees. 1 hr 30 min later we complained and the apologetic waiter said he would talk to the kitchen. We said we wanted to talk to the owner and he said he would convey this to him. The owner did not come out, however until after the entrees finally arrived. He then tried to convince us that this was really not all that egregious. I said we were very unhappy and suggested he comp the entrees, we would pay for the wine and the appys. He refused this. I said we had not recourse but to punish the waiter and he pleaded the waiter's case saying he was short staffed. He never apologized. Two of us really could not eat after this. A shame because the food was appetizing. This guy is clueless in restaurant etiquette. Too bad. He ruined the evening. Don't go there.
By Vai on 5/28/2009
Camaje is by far my favorite dinner spot in the City. The scallops are unbelievably delicious and I still salivate thinking about the banoffee pie. Although I was there last week and they no longer serve that little piece of Heaven. I would recommend this gem of a place in a heartbeart.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s