All Reader Reviews of...
336 W. 37th St., New York, NY, 10018
between Eighth and Ninth Aves.
Stay away at all costs
By Boinie57 on 11/19/2006
My wife and I and another couple came into NYC for dinner and a show. We found this restaurant through ask.com and the menu looked interesting. Looks can be deceiving. We started with the shrimp in hogao sauce. It consisted of 4 miniscule shrimp in a bland tomato sauce. The main course for 3 of us consisted of the peruvian chicken that was tasteless. It was accompanied by bland rice and a decent plantain.The other entree was the grilled panela glazed pork chop, black eyed peas, corn, peas and lime. It was undercooked and so tough that you could have patched a tire with it. The only good part of the meal was the bread. We voiced our complaint to the server and she did take 10 percent off the check which we found off we were entitled to anyway since we tickets to a show next door. Our mistake was not speaking to the manager.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl