All Reader Reviews of...
165 Church St., New York, NY, 10006
nr. Chambers St.
Among the five best Italians in NYC
By ScottPellegrino on 2/15/2009
Charming, romantic, and delicious. Way lovable employees.
Great for lunch!
By botin on 9/24/2009
What a cute and unexpected treat! I had time to grab a quick lunch, and I chose one of the daily specials (tomato, basil, red onion salad). They substituted delicious ricotta cheese for the mozzarella that was supposed to come with the salad and it was delicious - very fresh! The pastas looked great too, next time... The staff are super friendly and helpful, I'll definitely be going back.
By JCity on 7/5/2010
I've eaten here several times and have never had a bad meal. The staff is very attentive, food is amazing, great prices. Only drawback is that it's small.
By Sharipep on 9/1/2010
I LOVE IT HERE! Best pasta I've had outside of Italy by far! So fresh!
I love Capri Caffe
By felakuti on 5/5/2011
My favourite lunch spot, too bad is becoming so popular ... The pasta is the best you can find in New York, just a few tables so avoid the most crowded times.
Best mozzarella ever
By bolesen on 11/3/2011
I come all the time for dinner. The staff is very nice and the pasta is great. I love the Linguine Grotta Azzurra because I love lemon and start every meal with the tomato salad with the homemade mozzarella - trust me it is to die for... Wine selection not too great, but that is more than made up for in atmosphere and all the extras. You always get a fruit treat before you leave which is a nice touch. The decor would probably have been better in Capri than New York, but it is nice and clean. I have really never had a bad meal there.
By carochinha on 8/22/2012
We arrived with a lovely bottle in hand and were told they did not nor had they offered BYOB service. I was surprised and said that NY Mag, Yelp and other sites claimed they did. The server gave a pause and said the restaurant's website said there was no BYOB. Actually, they have no website. We left which was too bad, since the ambiance was cozy and the menu promising. But a bad start spoiled our enthusiasm. We had a lovely meal elsewhere. Ratings are required before this post can be published, therefore please disregard them as we actually didn't dine there.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu