All Reader Reviews of...
451 Washington St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Watts St.
By jillybean on 11/22/2003
Went last night for the first time and I'll definitely be back! While the neighborhood is a bit intimidating, the decor is terrific and the food outstanding, particularly given the moderate (for Manhattan prices). Terrific service and a surprisingly elegant price fixe at dinner! What a nice surprise!
A Tribeca Gem
By MadgeBaker on 9/23/2003
This is a wonderful restaurant. We had our engagement dinner here and our families from out of town loved, as did all our friends from the city. The food is great and the family atmosphere tones down the chic tribeca attidtude to a comfortable level.
A consistent favorite
By veggiekat on 9/12/2003
The first time I entered Capsouto, I was completely surprised. You would never expect to find such a serene and attractive place amongst the UPS warehouses near the Holland Tunnel. I have been back for many special occasions and it is a favorite place to take out-of-town guests. You can actually have a conversation and the tables are not packed together. They have a great brunch menu, an extensive wine/drink list, and consistently yummy food. As a vegetarian, it is hard to find a place to please both carnivores and plant/dairy eaters. They have always been extremely accomodating of my needs and the dessert souffles are excellent! Great place for a date or a small party of friends.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s