All Reader Reviews of...
654 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10036
nr. 46th St.
By emiller1954 on 10/28/2012
we ate at cara mia saturday nite for my partners birthday..let me tell you.. the hostess was fantastic..cheerful friendly.. the restaurant was clean and cozy.the clean white tablecloths and napkins and spotless glasses were great. the bathrooms clean and spotless.. now for the piece d resistant. the waiter was excellent..he explained the specials with such character and flair that we had to order one. so far the best waiter we had in ny.. he checked back at numerous times to our satisfaction. the staff work great together and we never had to ask for our water glasses to be filled.. they were great. we were never rushed. now the food was excellent from the apps to dessert.. the food was piping hot,gently seasoned and generous portions,the shrimp,clams and calamari were excelllent,, needless to say we will be back and will tell all our friends in south jersey what great place to eat.. thank you cara mia
Great meal and service
By MAdiner on 9/2/2012
Cara Mia was a great dining experience all around. Food, atmosphere and service were all excellent. Highly recommend for a ready nice dining experience in Hell's kitchen. Authentic Italian.
The Red Door
By garrison on 4/28/2007
The first time I went to Cara Mia was because of their striking red door. The service was horrible and the food was amazing! I had to try it out again, thinking I may have misjudged the food because the wait staff and management were so apathetic. Knowing what I was getting into, the next time I brought 4 friends and told them to ignore the bad service and just enjoy the food. Again the service was lackluster, but knowing so allowed us to ignore it and enjoy the chef's creations for what they were. Not challenging to the palatte, the rustic dishes served up here are delicious and with a bit of complexity, just enough to make you feel like you couldn't have done this at home!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu