All Reader Reviews of...
23 E. 74th St., New York, NY, 10021
nr. Madison Ave.
By singabore on 7/20/2012
We didn't know that it was restaurant week when we visited NY from UK for a very short break. So we were looking for somewhere to eat, not somewhere cheap to eat. We found Carravagio, as we walked from Guggeheim Museum back to our Hotel in Times Square. Goodness, it was a hot evening, so we were relieved when they had a table for us, in the bar area. There seemed to be a special birthday or celebration in the main area, so we weren't offered a table there. Those guests seems to be well known to the staff who greeted them as regulars. The menu was delightful and had interesting dishes. I chose risotto with truffles, my husband decided on seafood fettucini. Both dishes were exquisite.The staff were attentive, helpful and friendly. The amuse bouche was a tasty gazpacho and the bread and olives plentiful. It was expensive but we were on holiday. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion dinner. Thanks to all.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu