All Reader Reviews of...
507 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10016
nr. 34th St.
Top Steaks In The City
By tupacs01 on 11/23/2008
I spent my first few weeks in the city trying to find a decent steak. After a couple of false starts I found Carl's. Are you kidding me? This is one of the best steaks you'll get anywhere in the city ("99 Miles To Philly" is the other great steak place in the city). If you don't believe it you've obviously never had a steak in Philly. The flavor and texture of a Carl's steak is reminiscent of Jim's on South Street in Philly. They give you all the toppings: order it wit' or wit'out, get it with peppers and/or mushrooms, whiz or cheese. Think you can find better steaks in the city? Fuhgettaboutit. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of seating... easy fix: get it to go.
Worse Delivery Service
By jd08 on 9/24/2008
Worse Delivery Service, RUDE, and to add a thief just order a chicken cheese steak from $6 they at 1 slice tomato less than half leaf of lettuce and total charge was $12.45 went ask they say that was the price value of lettuce and a slice of tomato and hung up! no respect and complete disregard for my claim, Sorry but for a place to charge 6.45 over charge for a slice of tomato and half leaf of lettuce is outrages and Plain ridiculous!
By JosieWOTP on 3/25/2008
this was definitely the worst cheesesteak I've ever had a place that calls itself a cheesesteak joint. The 'chicken' in a cheesesteak order was ignored. the meat was rubbery, there was barely any cheese on my cheesesteak and it hadn't mixed with the meat at all. the grilled onions weren't all cooked. The vent near the ceiling was blowing so hard it sent my napkins flying and made the second half of my sandwich cold before I got to it. I could smell and see cigarette smoke coming from the kitchen. Stay away!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More