All Reader Reviews of...
25 W. Houston St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Greene St.
By ssolo77 on 12/8/2006
The personal attention and good humor we recieved from our waitress was some of the best service i've ever experienced. The restaurant was quiet (so we could hear each other talk) and lively(great music) at the same time. The food was insane with every dish making us rave that it was the best yet, only to be surpassed by the next. The wine recommendations from our server were also fantastic and right on the mark. It was worth the trek to an offbeat area for a wonderful meal.
Beautiful space in an unexpected place
By babble on 11/8/2007
The restaurant has a beautiful design- the glass fixtures and wall decoration come from the Moss gallery around the corner. The food is amazing here! Patti Smith is a genius with regionally inspired dishes and the waitstaff is knowledgable and incredibly helpful. This is the place to go for an unmatched selection of italian wines and delicious, imaginitive cuisine. Unpretentious yet with all the quality one expects--I'll definitely come back. (plus it's located right in front of the Angelika film center, perfect for a pre-movie meal). The only downside was the chairs are a bit uncomfortable, but they said that they are replacing them all!
By mayanyc on 12/2/2007
I was at Centovini for a dinner with 7 other friends. While the wine was fantastic, the food was extremely poor for the price. We ordered three different appitizers - two cheese dishes and the sausage/pepper dish. One of the cheese dishes was overcooked and burnt, almost inedible. Our entrees were okay, some of them were too small, leaving many people hungry for dessert. Overall, everyone left feeling dissapointed with the food and cheated by the prices.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s