All Reader Reviews of...
164 W. 75th St., New York, NY, 10023
nr. Amsterdam Ave.
Another winner for Valenti
By Marchie2003 on 9/29/2003
My theory that Tom Valenti can do no wrong was proven right on Friday night. While my party waited for me at the bar, they were treated to a mini wine tasting in order to choose the perfect white wine. The artichokes were to die for, marinated to perfection and served up with fluffy, air like ricotta cheese. My main dish was swordfish that was lightly smoked in a wood-burning oven. The braised pork was amazingly tender and filled with flavor and the special, a whole fish, tasted as if it was just brought out of the ocean that night. The desert was one of the best I've had. The chocolate pizzel with pistachio ice cream was cold and delicious. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal. I left the restaurant feeling satisfied and full, not stuffed. Tom Valenti was a fixture through out the night, walking over to some tables and keeping a close eye on the open kitchen. The wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Even though our bill came to almost $300. with tip, for 4 people. It was worth it...this is how you open an Italian restaurant in NYC. Bravo!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations