All Reader Reviews of...
2 Harrison St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Hudson St.
By bambola on 3/7/2003
Chanterelle is one of those restaurants where each morsel of food is imagined, prepared and presented with so much thought and tenderness that you can't help to go ''hmmm'' at every bite. From the stunning flower arrangements, the decor centerpeices that welcome you when you walk in, to the dreamy chocolate deserts that bid you sweet farewell, Chanterelle is a timeless classic that never ceases to enchant me.
Walked out on a Cloud
By perry on 2/20/2003
I had the price fix lunch, which is a three course meal. We were given a duck terrine cracker to start-excellent. The app was great a mushroom casserole, entree was a sea bass-like fish which was too oily (not my favorite thing) and dessert was incredible. Dessert was banana bread pudding w/ 2 carmelized banana slices, sugared pecans and a scoop of very rich chocolate ice cream. This is a place you go to on the Corp. card or for a very special occassion. Con - The decor is very contemporary even plain, a bit stuffy.
Great Occasion place
By CMatth on 1/30/2003
Although the food was awesome a few things could have been done better....My foie gras terrine was covered with a pepper trim WHY? Chicken Pot Pie not worth the $10 in fact skip the dish and go for the tasty Stripe Bass Dish
By Exuparem on 1/28/2003
Chanterelle is a mystery to me. The food is wonderful - beautifully executed French cuisine with the inclusion of some light elements to create a delicate balance. The wine list offers enough of a choice to satisfy almost any oenophile or wine enthusiast. (Unfortunately, the cheeses they offered were all pretty old and over-ripe). But who is responsible for the decor? By all means, I appreciate understated elegance, but since when was funeral home chic encouraged? A minor set back for a great classic.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu