All Reader Reviews of...
2841 Frederick Douglass Blvd., New York, NY, 10039
at 151st St.
The Restaurant is NOT closed
By Caramela1215 on 8/11/2013
Greatest soul food ever. Yes they moved sometime ago, but they are NOT CLOSED. The number and address is correct!
This restaurant is open!
By pk800 on 9/27/2011
Just so you know, it's open. And fantastic. Moist and incredibly tasty fried chicken. Sides worth the trip up there. Just go.
The BEST Cornbread
By NPNorthern on 12/19/2010
OMG - the absolutely best food. Collard greens to die for and mac n cheese like home. This is truly fabulous cooking. VERY Sanitary, only the server is getting food from the buffet, so the risk of someone germy leaning over is limited. I can appreciate that! Did I say the cornbread was to die for! AMAZING, sweet and light!
By shatasty on 11/4/2007
If you want great home made cooking this is the place to be. Charles and his wonderful staff give you wonderful service in a home like setting. I haven't been in about a year and I'm telling you its been a hard one. The next time I come back to the city this place is one of my first stops. Best price and Best food.... I hope this place goes even more places.
By shortyredd on 9/16/2005
Splendid, juicy fried chicken with an unbelievable non greasy taste, which will keep your mouth watering. Superb collard greens and macaroni and cheese, and lest I forget the smoken oxtails. Mr. Gabriel, better know as Charles, will really keep your family and friends coming to his exquisite all-you-can-eat buffet with his southern hospitality customer service. This is one restaurant I will highly recommend to every visitor who comes not only to New York City buy New York State!! "KUDOS to you Mr Charles, you're going to go a long way.
This place is the real deal, people!
By Tolstoy on 12/10/2004
This restaurant has everything you could possibly want in a quality, authentic, home-style soul food meal. The fried chicken is world-class, the collards are superb, and the macaroni and cheese brought tears of joy to this finicky, homesick Southerner's eyes. It is well worth the trip uptown. A MUST!!!
By kasheem451 on 5/21/2004
The food is wonderful especially the fried chicken and the cube steak smothered in gravy.....hmmm good, A friend and I walked home to washington hgts after we ate the all you can eat buffet, Thank you Charles and staff for a wonderful afternoon.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu