All Reader Reviews of...
464 Sixth Ave., New York, NY, 10001
nr. 12th St.
WILL MISS CHARLIE MOM FOREVER!
By oli on 9/2/2015
I have been going there since the 80's and I've just loved the food and everything for a neighborhood restaurant. The food is always so good, they were heavy on the msg at one time...fresh, and I've come to know the waiters overtime. I'm so sorry it closed. I was hoping to say goodbye or something. I hope to let my best friend know about it. Shes away and never got chances to go there when I last did, as we always go there together. Over the years I've gone to their other location on 7th ave south down from caliente cab. So much is happening in my life right now so challenging, maybe its that way for them too?. The dÃ©cor is not bad at all. Its firm and simple. The paintings aren't bad at all imho. The prices went up from when I first got there. Maybe they are working across the street at the new Chinese restaurant that opened recently this winter/spring? or relocated?.
I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Charlie Mom
By invinodaniella on 1/10/2015
Since I moved to the city, it's been my mission to find an affordable/delicious restaurant for every type of food. Charlie Mom is my Chinese place, without question. I eat there at least once a month. Friends and I stumbled upon it after a night of drinking at the Cubbyhole, and it was just what we needed. The sesame chicken is extra-sauced, tangy, and incredible. Make sure you order the fried rice and the won ton egg drop soup. Also, hit up their M-F lunch special...the entrees (under $8) are guaranteed to fill you up and keep you happy all day. The service is polite and attentive. Because they seem to be primarily takeout-oriented, the dining room is never loud and the servers are never too busy to give you great service. The decor is pretty bad, but if you don't look too hard at the paintings, the exposed brick walls are enough to give you some ambience.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More