All Reader Reviews of...
387 Myrtle Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11205
nr. Clermont Ave.
By LGreen on 5/23/2010
Trekked out to Fort Greene last night to Chez Lola before seeing a movie at BAM. Not worth the trip...The restaurant was cute, the ambiance pleasant, the service friendly-ish (if somewhat inattentive), but the food was just nothing great. The seafood soup special was bland. The salmon was cooked well, but bland. And the Moroccan lamb was overcooked and...bland. It wasn't TERrible, it just wasn't great. And every other "critics pick" I've been to has been Great. Really I felt as though everything just needed a lot more salt and pepper. Perhaps it was an off-night. But the restaurant was practically empty on a Saturday night at 8:30...so maybe it's an off-season? I would probably give it another chance if I lived close by, but I don't think I'll be taking the trip from Manhattan again.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu