All Reader Reviews of...
23 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. St. Marks Pl.
things have changed
By ginafire on 8/19/2007
Since the glowing review that was written in NY mag. about Chickpea on 3rd ave, things have really gone downhill there. The gleaming copper has been replaced by dirty painted walls and a high barrier separating the customer from the kitchen so you can't see what's going on. The felafel is mushy, the vegetables unidentifiable, and the service surly. The snotty cashier returned to me an extra $4.00 without my noticing, and when I realized it, and went back to the counter to return it, I wasn't thanked in the least. So I called over the manager to complain about the overall negative change in the restaurant, and again, no attempt to apologize or thank was made at all. I spent $24.00 on 4 nasty sandwiches, ate in a dirty dining area and took shit for being honest. Don't go if you know what's good for you.
They are bringing back the fried falafel
By nohayon on 11/20/2007
Due to the overwhelming number of requests for Chickpeas Original Fried Falafel. they are going to bring it back. and they also made decision to break down the wall at St. Marks location. now we can have the best of both worlds. Fried or Baked.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella