All Reader Reviews of...
45 E. 22nd St., New York, NY, 10010
nr. Park Ave. S.
May it go the way of Cena
By notninazagat on 12/9/2010
Remember Cena? Same area -- 22nd st (Ciano's on 24th). OK food, indifferent service, then it closed. Ciano: got some good write ups; husband tried it, liked it. We went there last Saturday. Seated upstairs -- "it'll be nice and quiet". Too quiet. Could hear the young married couple discuss every aspect of the lighting and floor covering they were selecting for their new home. Cold draft from window for us ladies on the banquette. Ordered a charcuterie-type starter that's meant to be enjoyed with drinks. It never came. Oh -- sorry -- it did -- with our appetizers, which made for a very crowded table. Plus instead of getting the baby artichoke salad, I got a monster of frisee and radicchio in the most buttery/oily dressing I'd ever tasted. No one seemed to notice it was inedible...same with entrees -- calamari was rubbery, tasteless. Tables were so close together that every time the waiter was clearing the table next to ours, the tails of his jacket would sweep our table and knock bread off plates or graze our appetizers, so we were constantly moving tables away when he came by. A year from now, it won't be in business. Don't draw out the agony -- don't go.
By nicolina9486 on 11/26/2010
A true gem - the rustic atmosphere made me feel as though I was in Tuscany, from the pristine staff to the scrumptious meal. I simply can not wait to go back. When there must try the artichoke salad !
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu