All Reader Reviews of...
523 E. 12th St., New York, NY, 10009
nr. Ave. A
One of the top destinations in the East (and now West) Village
By Pol1erman on 3/17/2009
Amazing sandwiches, cooked foods and baked goods - high quality ingredients. The ice coffee is among the best I've ever tasted - served, like the yummy lemonades, in compostable cups. Love the cozy neighborhood atmosphere at their E 12th St location (it's 523 E 12th St). They also have a take-out place on E 10th St. just west of 6th Ave. One of the reasons this is a great City.
By JoJoJo on 1/26/2010
Been to the east side location a few times, been to the west side location at 10th and Greenwich a bunch of times. Great baked stuff - muffins, scones, insanely good biscuits; great egg stuff - frittatas, egg wraps, quiche, etc. - great grilled cheese, really good coffee, a lot of it from organic/local/etc. ingredients. Highly recommended.
Crazy great fish tacos!
By gretchen.elkins on 7/30/2013
My partner and I went to the E 12th Street one (btwn A & B?) twice this last weekend for dinner because "Alma's Fish Tacos" are so insanely good! I've found it hard to find good fish tacos in NYC. The produce was really fresh. There were not many people in there, maybe because they've only been open for dinner a little while, and people in the neighborhood still think of it as "coffee place." The decor is perfectly pleasant for dinner though still a little coffee house-ish, but another plus was the restaurant is quiet and NOT a loud and screamy place where you can't hear yourself think, let alone hear your dining companions. Didn't see any roaches, and the place seemed impeccably clean. Highly recommend. Crab cakes and salads also really good, really fresh.
By kma6172 on 9/21/2010
The restaurants I have eaten at throughout my life are MANY! This has to be one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. I had the spinach, mushroom, artichoke, egg white omelet and the steel cut oatmeal! It was AMAZING. Then my friends and I took home quite a few of their baked goodies. Each one was to die for. Since I have gotten older, my stomach has become very senstive & most restaurants I cannot eat at without getting sick. This is the first one in a long time that I felt great after eating their delicious food. I need them to deliver to Texas!!!! Thanks.... Ciao for Now.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu