- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
190 Sixth Ave., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Vandam St.
What More Could You Ask For
By eec on 9/18/2013
When we arrived at 10:05 on a slow Sunday, there was only the briefest hesitation about whether to seat late walk ins in an entirely deserted restaurant. Mentioning our reservation brought about profuse apologies (they hadn't checked the reservation list since 9) and the highest standard of service I have seen in a small neighborhood restaurant in a long time. The food was top notch (yes "grandma's meatballs" really are THAT good) and little extras were thrown in several times. It has been said that the mains are rather small in size and they are, but not overly so. To us they were the perfect size to be able to enjoy our starters and finish our entrees without feeling stuffed (or having to take half of it home.) Everything about the evening made us want to come back soon. Especially the modest bill!
In LOVE with the food and staff
By angelgina on 5/27/2013
Wonderful new place! Just had a birthday dinner here with a group of 13 and was impressed by the impeccable service (with a large group too!) and the food (since we just about got to try everything!) Everything tastes so fresh and unfussy-this is where you come when you are in the mood to EAT and don't want to deconstruct and nibble. The spinach with monkfish pasta was AMAZING as was the parpadelle and gnocchi. Appetizers-loved the cod cakes and the mushroom starters. Staff was great-always making the wine was coming and just being very friendly and nice. They obviously love this place. No snootiness here! And of course-prices were super. :) Will be back.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight