All Reader Reviews of...
45 E. 60th St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Madison Ave.
By jeana on 10/5/2011
food, drinks, service - all perfect
By CynicalSunshine5 on 2/27/2009
It was the "recession special" that drew my boyfriend and I into this cafe - prix fixe dinner ($30) for appetizer, dinner, & dessert. Needless to say, we didn't go in extremely high expectations (the fun decor and movies flickering on the walls drew us in out of curiosity). Everything was fantastic - my boyfriend loved his calamari and grilled flank steak and I enjoyed my coconut shrimp and wild mushroom ravioli. The desserts were made fresh and came out hot (his apple tart, my chocolate lava cake) - it's only a shame we were too stuffed from our meals to finish them! If you get there before 7 (which we were not), you recieve a complimentary glass of wine with your meal - probably will be from a box... but it was a thoughtful touch. This would be a great place to grabea bite and enjoy some drinks after work. Highly recommed - superb meal and service.
The cinema Cafe is a hidden jewel well worth visiting
By jhuffman on 11/25/2008
This small cafe on East 60th Street is one of those wonderful little obscure neighborhood restaurants that visitors can only hope to stumble across. I only spotted it because at 1:30 on Monday afternoon, it was still almost full. I took that to be a god sign and it was. The service was warm and friendly and the food was excellent. The two small Kobe Beef Burgers with crimini mushrooms, melted brie and truffle aioli on the Â“SlidersÂ” menu caught my eye. My wife and I decided to split an order and a Wild Mushroom Pizza. The pizza was very good, but, the little Kobe Burgers were phenomenal. The Kobe burgers were absolutely fantastic. I was stunned at how very, very delicious they were. I have never had any better burger of any kind, ever, anywhere. They were much more than just a burger; they were an extraordinary combination of wonderful flavors. I am a very harsh judge of food having spent time as a head chef in my misbegotten youth. My friends tease me about my little black book of wonderful restaurants that I discover during my travels. The Cinema CafÃ© has been added to that list.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu