All Reader Reviews of...
55 Wall St., New York, NY, 10005
nr. Hanover St.
HORRIBLE & UNDERWHELMING
By FoodMakesMeHappy on 8/16/2010
DO NOT GO HERE!!!! The service was horrible! We made a reservation for 12:15pm weeks in advance with no problem however it made no difference when we got there. We stood by the door for nearly 15 minutes with 3 available tables. yet no one paid any attention to us. After finally acknowledging our presence the manager told us we had to wait. We told him we had a reservation and that it was not fair that we got to the restaurant earlier than the the people who reserved a table (as we also reserved a table and came on time) and we are not being seated. He then reluctantly gave in and he and his waiters starting taking a table, utensils, cloth table cover, etc and started to set a table by the door for us. Stunned we once again complained why can't we just take the available tables? Finally being seated our high nose and rude waiter took our orders. The number one reason we hated this experience was because of the service. The number two reason was the underwhelming food. The food (Course 1: turkey with mayonnaise Course 2: veal ravioli Course 3: choclate ganache) was average and the presentation was blah. I was very excited to come to Cipriani and but after the experience will never return. A week before I went to lunch at Cafe' Boulud and I will return there. The summer before had lunch at Le Cirque and will return. Cipriani. . . NEVER AGAIN! I would rate spend the $80 towards 3 hot dogs at Gray's Papaya and a Veinte, iced caramel machiatto, with extra caramel at Starbucks.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White
- Girl Finds Razor Blade in Her Soda at Wendy’s