All Reader Reviews of...
230 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10001
at 24th St.
By paulalan on 7/11/2012
My girlfriend and I were expecting a great meal although was was served food that was everything short of satisfaction. We ordered the Eggplant Toast which was burnt and tasted stale and the Meatball Pizza (which we had read some many positive reviews about) was soggy and had a fowl taste. We had a very disappointing experience and a hefty bill to pay. I will be taking my money elsewhere and am truly upset that what was supposed to be a fairly decent reviewed restaurant was so terrible.
By didanyc on 4/26/2013
A very attentive host, and server. We ordered the pork sausage and stracciatella pies. A very delicious crust, but else nothing super special. The edges were slightly charred, which wasn't so nice. The stracciatella was sparse with cheese, heavy on pink sauce, and a big heap of plain to droopy arugula on top. Not super flavorful. The pork sausage was quite spicy, pretty dry, lots of mushrooms. Our server raved about it, but I found it nothing to write home about. Maybe we should have ordered the popular meatball pie? Not sure what all the hype is about. Not very eager to rush back.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White