All Reader Reviews of...
230 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10001
at 24th St.
Please don't go to Co. - Horrible service, bad people
By averagejoe10014 on 1/7/2009
Last night, we watched the waiter tell the two diners (who had waited for 40 minutes for a table and who had ordered 20 minutes prior to this) that the restaurant was out of pizza dough. It was not even 10PM. The manager (who was a horrible man) refused to even come to the table to talk with the diners, and when he did show up he refused to cover even the cost of the drinks. The couple was irate (and rightly so) and one of the diners used the f-word at which point the manager kicked them out of the restaurant. We were still discussing the horrible treatment the couple had received when NOT TEN MINUTES LATER, the hostess sat another group of 3 diners at the SAME TABLE. We waited for the waiter to come over and apologize for a lack of dough, but instead they brought them FOUR PIZZAS! SO, it appears that you have to be SOMEONE in this town to get decent service (and even PIZZA) at this restaurant. The pizza was fine, but nothing amazing. Definitely not worth a 45 minute wait. And definitely not if you need ANY customer service!
Best Pizza Ever!!!!!!!
By KZab on 12/29/2008
We were the 3rd table on opening night. The pizza is amazing. This puts pizza in another dimension. The special pizza blew my mind. The pizza with spinach was killer. The dough was perfect, thin, just the right amount of burnt crust. He mixes flavors which creates a pizza from another planet. Service was wonderful. The Ribolita soup was delicious. However, I wish there was more of it. Can't wait to go back.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic