All Reader Reviews of...
29 Union Sq. West, New York, NY, 10003
at 16th St.
A neat trendy lunch spot
By MotorCityMojo on 7/27/2007
If you don't mind how packed it is here, it's a nice casual place for lunch at reasonable prices. The staff is great to look at, but it would be nice if they looked at my table to notice my drink is empty and offer some faster service. My burger was tasty and juicy and had fresh trimmings, and the herbed fries were very crispy and tasty. Some great daily offerings on the menu too. The music is a little loud but it seems like a great scene and I'll definitely check it out again late night.
By starfish38 on 2/24/2010
I was in the coffee shop this past weekend and was pleasantly surprised that I could sit outside in the cafe, it was a beautiful day and OMG the eggs benedict were yummy and my mimosa hit the spot. I tried to figure out why people say so many bad things about the service, our waitress was so great she even gave us suggestions on where to go for drinks that night. Love this place now and we will return.
So worth it!
By niknak99 on 3/11/2009
I spent almost one meal a week at coffee shop this summer. The food is definitely diner-y. But can you beat the deal considering the view? Amazing people watching in an awesome part of town, with a really good turkey burger or a bangin' cobb salad, pao de quiejo, and perfect mojitos. And the waitstaff is not nearly as bad as EVERYONE seems to think! I've always had nice, friendly, servers, who were personable and cheerful. Really nice people. Bottom line: Great expectations, great disappointments. Expect a chill time, with relatively cheap food, and a great view.
what a great night
By prettyu on 4/1/2010
I went to the coffee shop on Tuesday for a business lunch, what an amazing meal we had! I was enjoying my Brazilian stew so much that my client and I barely spoke! I told our waitress this was the best dish I have had since I was in Brazil last year! She recommended we have the banana cream pie for dessert...whoa! It was so good I took a piece to go for my daughter who LOVES banana cream pie. I will be back with my family for dinner this weekend. The server was great but the food OMG !!
Goodnight in yhr city
By lourdesbernardez on 7/17/2011
The whole atmosphere was really nice my waitress was on point. The food was most of the conversation the drinks had taste .The clean up crew were fast all and all we liked it.
By 140188 on 8/8/2010
Delish! LOVE this place. I only discovered it about a year or so ago but it is now my favorite restaurant in NYC. The Brazilian stew(moqueca) is out of this world amazing, the feijoada on sundays is SOOO so good, the brazilian steak sandwich, and pao the queijo appetizer...whoa! I could go on forever. A caipirinha with my meal always hits the spot. It's like a taste of Brazil right here in the city. Very authentic. Really, give it a try. You're in for a real treat!!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s