All Reader Reviews of...
417 Lafayette St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Astor Pl.
Not Worth It
By Ghanima on 5/21/2007
After being promptly seated we proceeded to wait 15min for someone to take our drink order.The service the entire evening was lackluster and very frustrating.The food was disappointing. We ordered the octopus and the chorizo appetizers, the later being the only one that was edible, I had the roasted chicken as an entree and it was ok, certainly not worth the price as was my mothers rack of lamb, my husband had the short ribs and hated them, they were smothered in sauce and the meat was of questionable quality. The side of sweet potatoes i got (after again waiting for 10min for it) was very good, the dulce de leche donuts were good, but they had almost no dulce de leche filling. the drinks were very good but it was so hard getting anyones attention to order another round that it neutralized any pleasure you could get from them. We would NEVER go back here, not even to the bar. I implore you to please try something else, this was such a waste of both money and time!
THIS IS A MUST DINE!
By dgaller on 6/20/2007
It is very refreshing to go to a restaurant with many different types of food. Whether you are in the mood for Mexican, Indian, Asian or American, Colors offers a menu for all palates and moods. I went yesterday for a birthday party and had a wonderful experience. We ordered about 7 tapas for table and we all shared. The Risotto was amazing and so was the spicy tuna. I also need to comment on the drinks, delicious. They had a wonderful wine menu and the ginger margaritas are must have. The service was wonderful. They brought us free birthday cake and champagne, now what restaurant does that? Wonderful attentive servers with smiles, what more could you ask for? I recommended this for a party or a date or just dinner with friends. ItÂ’s a place were everyone will walk out satisfied. P.S. MUST TRY THE CHEESECAKE!!
COLORS Review - Great Restaurant
By tltfaas on 5/31/2008
I work a few blocks away and met some friends here after work for cocktails. Cocktails were awesome, the waiter suggested we try their new cocktail, a sampling of margarita shots. It similar to wine flights in that you get to sample a variety. They served them on these really cute plates in shot glassesÂ– the presentation was very cool. We got 5 shots which were tasty and contained enough tequila for a nice buzz. I donÂ’t remember all of the options, we had several rounds but I do recall pineapple and watermelon. ItÂ’s definitely worth the trip and it was easy on the pockets. We added a couple of orders of flat bread pizza and it was a good night!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up