All Reader Reviews of...
77 Worth St., New York, NY, 10013
By milomilo on 2/22/2013
Atera's reputation of being indifferent to the needs of its customers is well earned. Notwithstanding its reputation, I made a reservation here and was very much looking forward to the meal -- I was taking my husband out for a special occasion. The reservationist called two days in advance and we confirmed the reservation. When we showed up for dinner, however, the host told us that the reservation had been cancelled. When I informed him that we had not cancelled the reservation but had, in fact, confirmed it, he indicated that it wasn't his problem and blamed us. Another party who arrived at the same time was told the exact same thing -- the reservation they made had been cancelled and by the same twisted logic, it wasn't the restaurant's fault. Mistakes happen -- even amateurish ones like this. But when they do, restaurants in the league Atera aspires to tend to treat the customers they've inconvenienced with some measure of hospitably. Atera's staff, by contrast, were unbelievably rude and dismissive to us, and were equally rude to another party experiencing the same problem the restaurant had created. Eat here -- or try to -- at your own risk. But I'll say this: You can spend hundreds of dollars on a meal at other restaurants with equally remarkable food where they actually care about their customers and show it, or you can try your luck at Atera, where they aren't ready for prime time and treat their customers with contempt. The choice is obvious.
One of the best meals I have eaten!
By ash318 on 10/14/2012
it was just a super duper fantastic experience. I just loved it! want to read more, check out some pics and a blog post http://wp.me/p1PB4X-oL
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations