All Reader Reviews of...
98 Bowery, New York, NY, 10013
nr. Grand St.
decor as hilarious as the food is good.
By jj7 on 4/3/2007
The best stuff here is the congee (as the name may suggest), and the NYMag review is totally spot-on when it recommends the duck-and-meatball congee. I also like the one with gingko nuts, but i like gingko nuts, so that's a given. The dumplings are mediocre, but getting the deep fried dough things and dipping them into your congee, which i hear is not weird but in fact quite acceptable, is really good (and they are 75 cents!). Bathrooms are fairly creepy, but you get a glimpse of a large private room of sorts in the basement. The decor is absolutely ridiculous, but mildly entertaining the first few times.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl