All Reader Reviews of...
98 Bowery, New York, NY, 10013
nr. Grand St.
decor as hilarious as the food is good.
By jj7 on 4/3/2007
The best stuff here is the congee (as the name may suggest), and the NYMag review is totally spot-on when it recommends the duck-and-meatball congee. I also like the one with gingko nuts, but i like gingko nuts, so that's a given. The dumplings are mediocre, but getting the deep fried dough things and dipping them into your congee, which i hear is not weird but in fact quite acceptable, is really good (and they are 75 cents!). Bathrooms are fairly creepy, but you get a glimpse of a large private room of sorts in the basement. The decor is absolutely ridiculous, but mildly entertaining the first few times.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s