All Reader Reviews of...
87 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 5th St.
By bbanks568 on 11/18/2013
Don't sleep on this place! First of all it's incredibly loud so I can't imagine ever nodding off in this spot however the food and drinks are amazing! First mistake is that I went with my family on a Saturday evening for a quick weekend night dinner. The crowd was young and loud but the service was really good. We ordered our drinks, house special margarita and a dirty martini for mom. They came very quickly and were surprisingly good for what we thought to be purely a beer joint. For food we had their take on "The Big Mack" which was incredibly juicy and delicious, their special sauce is way more special than that clown's! The tomato braised veal meatballs with creamy polenta is on the menu as a "small plate", however the portion is quite generous and the flavor is outstanding. The fish tacos are done just right with a light beer batter and a flavorful slaw and chipotle aioli to top them off. The mussels are cooked in a lovely full bodied smokey broth that keeps you reaching for your side of crusty french bread perfect for dipping. We also had the pretzel and beer cheese, so beer cheesy good!!! This place is a total repeat, just not on a Saturday night!
Really good burger
By stuyman on 11/10/2011
Went here on Halloween night, drawn in by the waitress dressed as a very sexy Dorothy. Wasn't expecting much, but there's more to this place than cleavage and beer. The burger was really good. Tasted like it had been cooked on a charcoal grill. Not sure how they pulled that off. The truffle fries weren't that amazing, but I'd definitely go back for the burger.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu